12 Easy Mediterranean Diet Friendly Recipes
The Mediterranean diet has been around for a while, but it's been drowned out by Keto, at least I think so.
Therefore, we're going to showcase it on here today! Talking about food excites me. New ways of eating healthy also make me really happy.
What is the Mediterranean Diet?
Simply put, it's how the nations around the Mediterranean Sea eat. Since there are many different countries and cultures, this diet doesn't focus on one particular eating style or diet.
The Mediterranean Diet focuses on healthy eating and regular exercise to keep your body in good shape. Here are some super easy guidelines to keep you on track, if you're looking to try it out.
- Eat plant foods daily. Fruits and vegetables will be the main part of your diet. Don't worry too much about the sugars and carbs in these items, because your body will need them (unless you're following a Keto diet as well).
- Eat whole grains.
- Use extra virgin olive oil bases for cooking and dressings.
- Fish and Seafood will be your main "meats". They are much better for you than poultry and red meat. Eat these at least twice a week.
- Poultry, eggs, cheese and yogurt in moderation. It's recommended that you don't eat eggs more than 4 times a week.
- Wine in moderation. Yassss.
- Meat and Sweets a few times a month.
Top it off by throwing in some regular daily exercise. Taking a walk, riding a bike, jumping rope, jumping jacks - doesn't really matter. Just get up and work out your body (with doctor approval, of course).
Release those happy endorphins!
Mediterranean Diet Friendly Recipes
Here are some super delicious recipes to help keep on you the right track for this Mediterranean Diet. Prepare to get really hungry, my friends.
Oh man, oh man, if you aren't super hungry right now, I don't know, because I am.
Aren't these all super delicious looking and doable dishes? I can't cook to save my life, but I feel like I could do these. They aren't super complicated and have really simple ingredients.
Remember, you can always modify the recipes to suit your tastes better. The beauty of cooking, right?
Be sure to click over and view the full posts and recipes. You might even find more delectable recipes on these amazing blogs!
Thank you for stopping by, and if you would, please Pin this Post about Mediterranean Diet Friendly Recipes. Every share helps so much.
OR PIN THIS ONE TOO!